It’s one thing to read the books but another to really embed resilient, effort-based growth mindset approaches with your
students and, crucially, with your staff. Lizzie Overton’s wellpaced, hugely well resourced and researched training provides you with the tools to do just that. If you are wanting to effect change that lasts, I can’t recommend Lizzie highly enough: her humour and rigour are the perfect combination to move teachers forward through a collaborative, supported process towards the cognitive and practical shifts that will make all the difference.
Pippa Marriott, Head of Lower School, Sir Williams Perkins School
Unlearn the unsustainable thinking that holds us back
Our personal and collective mindsets are commonly fixed in ways that leave us less capable of thriving in the fast changing and challenging world of the 21st century. This CPD opportunity builds on decades of extensive mindset research, including that of Carol Dweck, which shows that people with ‘growth mindsets’ are:
- more resilient to the challenges they encounter
- better equipped to learn from others
- confident that sustained effort is what leads to high achievement and long term success
This training gives teachers opportunities to:
- teach learners about growth mindsets in ways that unleash a willingness to make greater effort
- review daily practice so that a culture of growth mindset is embedded in to all aspects of teaching and learning
- take time to look at your own mindset so that others can learn from your example
This training gives leaders opportunities to:
- create a cohesive culture of growth mindset across a whole organisation
- access high quality advice and support for the development of new policy and practice
- allow staff to appreciate the value of rigorous, evidence based practice
This training is suited to educators and leaders in all settings and can run in a range of ways including:
A short talk and workshop – designed to inspire discussion around future development
A half or full day’s training – designed to kick start and clarify focus for extended development
An extended action research programme – a highly supported process designed to bring about the effective implementation and embedding of new ideas over an extended period. This programme involves a minimum of 4 meetings and can extend over a period of between 1 term and and a full year. The programme operates on a 1:1 basis or with a group. It runs face to face, through distance learning or with a combination of both.
Please make contact for a free consultation to discuss how this theme can be tailored to meet your particular needs.